- A Post Graduate in commerce, Mr.Brahmanandam hails from an Agriculture family from West Godavari district, Andhra Pradesh. He forayed into seafood business in the year 1992 in the name of Devi Seafoods Limited,which is primarily engaged in processing of shrimp and its export.Devi Seafoods is a closely held company with 100% equity ownership by its promoters. Under his stewardship the company achieved phenomenal success over the years and created humongous value to its stakeholders,while retaining its core values.Devi Seafoods has transformed itself into a big industrial house and through the process of backward integration, activities like Shrimp hatching, Aqua culture and manufacture of aqua feed are also taken up. Mr.Brahmanandam’s orientation towards US market which was perceived to be unapproachable due to high food safety and quality standards, has been a game changer.
- Devi Seafoods has been the largest shrimp exporter to US from India all through the period from 2002-03 to 2014-15. The group’s turnover is around Rs.1500 Crores. The company was awarded Export excellence award consecutively for five years from 2002-03 by Marine Products Export Development Authority of India.
- Encouraged by the overwhelming success in the shrimp export and also as a measure of forward integration,Mr.Brahmanandam constituted a wholly owned subsidiary company to Devi Seafoods Limited in USA in the year 2005 under the name Devi Seafoods Inc. The U.S. Subsidiary has been in the business of frozen shrimp distribution in USA and its Annual sales turnover (2014-15) is about $ 163 million. Its major customers include M/s. Sysco corporation, U.S. Food Service, Darden Restaurants, Cheesecake Factory etc. Relentless efforts and hard work coupled with unmatched business skills of Shri P.Brahmanandam placed “Devi” group much ahead of their peers in the industry.
- Recognizing the skills and capabilities of Mr.Brahmanandam in the seafood industry the MPEDA (Marine Products Export Development Authority) has inducted him in to the board of directors to make use of his expertise and services to the seafood industry. He served MPEDA Board for 3 years. He also has the honour of having served as an honorary director in “The Kanaka Mahalakshmi Co-Operative Bank Ltd., Visakhapatnam”, a reputed urban Co-OperativeBank based at Visakhapatnam.
- Mr. Brahmanandam, being the CEO of Devi Seafoods Inc, USA has received the highest honor of “Golden Supplier Award” for the year 2013-14 from M/s SYSCO Corporation, USA a $50.00 billion fortune 500 company with largest food service distribution network in North America.
- In recognition of the extraordinary success of Mr.Brahmanandam,Forbes India has put out a cover story under the title ‘Bootstrapped Bosses’ in its August,2018 issue.
- With his deep understanding of the challenges faced by a large number of medium and small scale industries,Mr.Brahmanandam with the idea of supporting revival of stressed companies,has promoted Maximus ARC.
Powered by themekiller.com